So, I'm super duper excited - I am leaving for a sunny 3-day Caribbean cruise very early tomorrow with my wonderful friend, Ann. We are going from Miami to some island in the Bahamas to Nassau (again, Bahamas) and back to Miami. But, we will have a solid 3 days to hang-out, chat, read, sleep, eat, and drink as much as we want without children or spouses. How awesome is that?!
Not that I don't love my children or my spouse - it's because I love them that I know I really need to leave them at least once a year. Being a stay-at-home mom, you don't get a lot of "me" time - there are no vacation days, no sick days. And, I really think everyone needs me time - I really don't think any more need be said as most of you are probably agreeing with me. I also think couple time is really important, especially when you have children - it's a little weird as this is the first vacation in over 3 years that I've taken without Brent. We really value couple time and the vacations we've taken together to reconnect without our kids. At the same time, it's really exciting to know I'm going to spend some quality time reconnecting with Ann.
I have to admit I'm a little nervous at the idea of Brent alone for 3 days with our kids - I know he'll do a great job, but still . . . . He's never done this before. I figure he'll have a new appreciation for me when this vacation is over. Not that he's not a wonderful dad, because he is and does a great job with the kids. But, this should give him insight into what I do when he has to go on business trips and there's no relief in sight at 6 pm. :)
I should end this posting as we all have to head to the airport for a 7:30 flight (Brent's a travel Nazi and thinks I should be there by 6 to check-in -- I honestly don't envy the day he'll have after getting the kids up that early - no one should have to deal with that). Wish Brent and the kids luck and be totally jealous of my fun trip! I'll tell you all about it when I get back! :)
Thanks for the real vote of confidence baby!
ReplyDeleteBrent actually had facebook time....so must not have been too bad....how did you both get so smart...so many couples never learn what you have just described in your blog....can't wait to hear about your cruise. If you ever want a family cruise, check out the Disney Cruises. They go to the Bahama's also... they have their own private island...you rarely get to see the kids..they have their own private counselors and you and Brent will also have time...kids may need to be a bit older....that will happen sooner than you think. I've taken my grandkids on that cruise several times and they loved it and still talk about it.
ReplyDelete