Thursday, March 10, 2011

2011 Update

We have been very busy in 2011 - so much so, that I haven't blogged once. We came back from Michigan just in time for a snow storm in Greenville. And, when I say snow storm, I actually mean it. It snowed for one whole day, followed by rain all night - which shut the city and everything around us down for an entire week. School was closed and we had a great day playing in the snow and sledding down the frozen street with Reid, Jaime, and Ross (video coming one day).

After that, we tried to get back to normal. Will was enrolled in kindergarten at our local elementary, and he's very excited to be riding the bus - I'm more than a little nervous about that venture. Fi was enrolled in a closer preschool for Tuesdays and Thursdays. Starting in September, I'm going to have 8 whole hours a week to myself . . . I have no idea what I'll do and I'm very excited about that!

Brent and I took a wonderful 5 day cruise to start out February. Mom was kind enough to come down south and stay with the kids while we enjoyed the Caribbean - we didn't leave the boat once and I didn't pack a camera at all - total freedom! Unfortunately, he kids were sick while we were gone and passed their cold onto Mom. I'm extremely sorry to say that it screwed up her plans to visit Steven and Reshma in Houston (I'm very, very sorry everyone!!) but she's finally starting to feel better.

Our basement has been completely put back together - the new carpet and vinyl look great, as does the furniture we had rearranged. We moved all the toys back into position and set-up the massive train table Dad made for Will at Christmas. He's enjoying it and it's nice to not have train track in the living room anymore.

We've been playing a lot - we went to Monkey Joes (lots of bouncy houses) and the Children's Museum with Tara, Cooper, and Ali; we've been at the neighborhood playground and the zoo too. Will has also been playing basketball - with "real" games. We just finished that up today and will have a post devoted to that soon.

I started March with the plague and Brent was Super-Dad for a week while I was literally in bed for almost 3 days (it hurt to even open my eyes). The kids had a more mild version of my illness, but the fever kept Will from school for a week. Oh well. I recovered in time for my birthday - yup, I'm 35 with 2 kids and a mini-van. :) Life is good (except for the van . . . )

That's a brief catch-up on what we've been doing lately - not totally exciting, but that's our normal, everyday lives. We're enjoying them. :)

2 comments:

  1. I am an ass and totally missed your birthday. I am so sorry. I hope it was wonderful.

    And I seriously laugh out loud every time you talk about your mini-van.

    And I miss you terribly and could really use a little more Janet in my life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel so bad that I missed your birthday too. :( I'm glad that you had a great cruise, but sorry to hear you were so sick. What a drag! Let's skype soon.

    ReplyDelete