Monday, August 20, 2012

August - Camp Grandma

After the wedding, my parents took the kids from VA back to MI for a week at Camp Grandma.  Which meant Brent and I didn't have kids for a week, even though he had to work (poor guy).  It was awesome!  I slept (a lot) and got some work done on projects around the house (you know the kind that always get put off because you're busy with the every day).

Brent and I also went out a lot -- look:
Monday - Greenville Drive game.  It was rainy so we hit a bar by the ballpark that we both like, had some good food, and 2 hrs later, the game started.  I got to see an hour and a half of a good game before we had to head home - Brent had to work this week.
Tuesday - Brent cooked me dinner. We found a Japanese grocery store and he cooked me lots of yummy food
Wednesday - We had Korean BBQ for dinner (awesome new restaurant) and then went to the Dark Knight movie.  Good food and OK movie (I think my expectations were too high - it was a good movie).
Thursday - We went to Bonefish Grill.
Friday - We went out on the the town.  We went to a fun Belgium restaurant that has great food and an extensive/intimidating Belgium beer list and then we walked around a little bit.  We found a new popcorn store (yum!) and listened to some great music before calling it a night.

We met Mom, Dad, and the kids in Lexington, KY Saturday and drove home Sunday.  The kids had a great time at Camp Grandma and can't wait to do it again next year.  We can't either, but we don't think we can afford 2 weeks of partying. ;)  Guess we'll have to stay in a couple nights next summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment