We've been hearing an awful lot about Will lately, so I thought I'd mention what Fi's been doing. First off, she's now 16 months old and here are her latest stats (as of her 15 month check-up):
Weight: 25 lbs 13.5 oz (81%)
Height: 32 3/4 inches (98%)
So, she's still a really tall girl. She's more or less in 18 month clothes now. (Don't worry family - I'll keep you updated on her sizes as Xmas gets closer; I'm thinking she'll be in 24 months by then though.)
Her vocabulary just keeps growing. She can say the following: Mama, Dada, Hi, Yeah, Ni-nite, Up, and Go
And, she knows the following animal noises/sounds:
Baa (her favorite - you ask her what a sheep says and she practically screams it), Bock-bock (her other favorite - anytime she sees a chicken in a book, on tv, or a stuffed one she gets all excited and laughs while she makes the noise), Moo, Woof, and Oink. She also says tick-tock when she sees a clock. She also understands so much (let's go Fi's room, let's go, come here, no (not her favorite), and so many others) - it's wonderful! We're really having a lot of fun.
She's finally started defending herself from Will too. At first, she was biting (about 3 months ago) but we got her to stop that. So, now, when he takes something or tackles her, she hits him on the head. We think it's pretty funny (although we tell her no) because most of the time it's deserved. Will's finally getting the idea and doesn't take things quite so often now.
One recent story to share -- we got her a little plastic horse the other day at the store (because Will was getting a present for being a good boy at school). It's like a little model for a farm. She put it on the ground so it was standing and then backed up over it like she was going to ride it. As she got closer to it, it fell over. She did it like 3 times and it was super funny.
She also like to take all the throw pillows off the couch and then back up to sit on them. She'll sit there and laugh, or she'll stand and dance, or she'll lay on it and hug the pillow. It's pretty funny - she gets such a kick out of it that she laughs the whole time.
She's becoming a dancing queen too. When Will was little, he would move his left arm back and forth as he danced (I never got it on video - he'd always stop when he saw the camera and I wasn't sneaky enough). Sofia bends her knees and bops up and down, then she does circles, and then she stomps her feet. I love it! When I pick her up to dance with her, she laughs; when I tell her it's Will's turn, she clamps her little legs around my waist so I can't put her down. We have a great time.
That's all for now - I'll jot down more stories as they happen and let you know.
She is growing up so quickly! It's kind of shocking to hear she's already 16 months old.
ReplyDeleteI think her 15 month stats are very similar to what Iseul's were. Isn't it funny that we have these tall kids? When you do the height predictor at age 2, tell me what it comes up with. Iseul's result was 5'9".
Wow Kristi - Iseul might be 5'9"? Wouldn't that be something?!
ReplyDeleteJanet - I just love your little Sofia to death. She is such a doll and getting soooo big!
I'm going to laugh if you and Kristi end up with tall daughters someday, and Sylvia ends up a short little peanut! :)