Well, I think we're mostly up to date. We've had an awesome, busy summer. When we weren't traveling, we played with Reid (and Jaime); with Mikah and Ember (and Matt and Jenny). We swam; we rode bikes; we played trains; we built Legos; we played doll house. We went to parks and the Children's Museum. I know some parents are ready for the summer to be over, but we've been so busy that I really wouldn't mind a couple more weeks here at home.
On a random note, I have to apologize for not updating my reading list. I have read some books this year (please see the Shelfari list on the right hand side), but am nowhere near the book count I had last year. This is my explanation - I am being haunted by Jerry Maxwell. Yup, haunted. I have a shelf and a half of new, unread books that I just can't get into. And, I think it's because I haven't finished his book yet. I made it to Chapter 7 when everything happened last year. Then, I just couldn't finish it (for emotional reasons). Because of that, I think he's not letting me get into anything old or new until I read The Perfect Lion (honestly, even Twilight or Harry Potter just isn't working and that's not right - those are my "clear your head" books.) So, I will be diving back into the life of John Pelham and we'll see how we got from there.
It is a pretty easy read except for the detailed battle scenes. I did not try to absorb those complexities. I stuck to the people. I also put it down just before Pelham dies. I could not face that section for a time.
ReplyDeleteGood to see you blogging again! It sounds like you had an amazing summer. So glad I got to see you.
ReplyDelete