Today was an absolutely wonderful day - I'd say great but I've used that adjective much too much in my soccer posting.
First, we had an extremely hectic morning due to the fact that I slept until 8:10, the kids were still asleep, and we needed to leave the house by 8:40 at the latest in order to make it to school on time. I don't usually set an alarm as the kids are usually up around 7 or 7:30 - no need. I guess I better from now on. So, I roused an extremely sleepy Will and got him started. We woke Fi up while we were getting him dressed. I gave her a bottle and him a bowl of cereal and then we headed for the car. We made it - and I'm still amazed!
Fi and I had a nice morning - it's a lot of fun to watch her be an only child, even for a little while. She plays with almost everything and just runs around. It's good fun.
The weather was so beautiful (low 70's and sunny with a little breeze) that I decided we should picnic downtown. We picked Will up at school and parked the car at church (I figured I shouldn't have to pay for parking for an hour or so when we pay enough for school). We walked to Main Street so that I could pick up a fancy sandwich for me, and then we headed to Falls Park (the main picture on the blog). We found a nice spot in front of the falls and the bridge - I took a great picture on my phone but can't figure out how to transfer it to the computer; if I do, you'll see it as it's really a nice picture. We had a lovely lunch - even Will said "This is a nice picnic." and Fi managed to stay on the blanket the entire time instead of making me chase her away from the river. We saved some bread from our lunch and ventured closer to the river to feed the ducks. I held Fi (I knew I'd have a wet baby if I let her down) and Will hand fed the three pushy ducks - they had no fear of us, which freaked me out a bit. But, the kids had a good time.
We went home and had a rest. Then, we got ready for soccer. As I've already described it, you'll see that we had a great day. I hope we can do it again soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment