Last night, Sofia broke my glasses. Yup - broke my glasses. Not the lenses, but the frames.
We were all sitting in the chair reading a story and something Will did upset her - I'm still not sure what it was. She started to slide down, under the big book we were reading (Sesame Street Word Book), and in her attempt to escape, she got her hands/arm under one side of my frames and yanked. I was able to keep reading, since I don't need my glasses for that. I told Brent that it was a good thing our TV was so large now - I could see most of it later that night.
I was actually able to Krazy Glue the frames back together, but I don't trust them to last too long. So, I wore them briefly in the morning then popped in the contacts - thank goodness I have them as I can't find my old pair of glasses (I even went through all my purses to see if they were in there).
In a way, this is a good thing. Brent and I have been delaying looking for a new eye doctor (after Steven's eye issues early in life, I don't trust Lens Crafters or anyone other than a "real" eye dr - I can't spell opthimologist) and this will definitely force me to pick one in network, get an appointment, and new frames. Plus I really was starting to dislike these frames anyway.
This is a random story, but I thought I should share. :) Jerry, it's a good Xmas poetry story for Fi.
No comments:
Post a Comment